FordFusionClub.com banner

I think I'm in love... new Focus RS!

15K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  mz6zoomzoom 
#1 ·

I would very much like to see this in a WRC Blue, Silver, or even orange... the green just isn't doing it for me, but I LOVE the car! I got to drive an orange 06 ST while I was in Norway and it was wonderful! The 2.5 5 cyl turbo is a great engine!

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn that's badass. Not so much on the color though lol. I assume there's absolutely no chance of this thing ever being sold in the US right? For some reason, before I bought the Fusion, I was anticipating getting the Focus ST because I thought it was gonna be sold here.

#3 ·
Ford has already announced that the next Focus (2011 or 2012) will share the same platform globally... which means a completely new car/chassis. This one is based on the same platform as the 3, I believe...

#9 ·
Maybe I'm just so antirice that I can't take it but that green is hideous.. LOVE that front end but too boxy slim it out and do somethin about that hatch.... the front gives it that STI look and I love that but please black or blue not green and loose the wing!!!!! its a CAR.... either way I bet thats one quick little ford with a 5 sped

#13 ·
Is it a AWD?
And I need that 2.5L in my car.

#14 ·
I know the RS used to be but in the artical it said that Ford was concerned w/ the weight so they kept it FWD and added something new to eliminate torque steer since the car is pushing 290ish BHP. I think AWD would have made the car complete regaurdless of the weight. But some blizzaks on that thing and wait for 6" of snow...

#15 ·
just so u know the euro focus will be here by 2012 ford is trying to globalize all it's platforms and the euro focus has a better platform then the us spec car does so instead of having split models they soon will become one (euro spec) which will help them save money!

#17 ·
There is a good chance that we will get an RS/SVT version of the focus. Ford hired a guy to be head of SVT and RS programs and he's coming to Dearborn. The guy had a huge part in developing the RS Focus as well as the Fiesta ST and has a big background in rally cars. :)

#19 ·
there would be one sitting in my fusions parking spot for sure. so is 2012 the official date or could we expect it late 2011? also any one know what importing the focus rs would be as far as hassle and price?

#20 ·
[quote author=opie23 link=topic=116544.msg3029013#msg3029013 date=1238505932]
there would be one sitting in my fusions parking spot for sure. so is 2012 the official date or could we expect it late 2011? also any one know what importing the focus rs would be as far as hassle and price?
[/quote]

To be clear, that does NOT mean the RS is coming.

Anyway, that'd mean late 2011, if it actually is going to be a 2012 model year car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.