FordFusionClub.com banner

Mazda3 5-door / Sedan & Speed3 �Smoked� vinyl reflector overlays

115K views 351 replies 105 participants last post by  SOUTHERNSURFER 
#1 · (Edited)
Mazda3 5-door / Sedan & Speed3 “Smoked” vinyl reflector overlays

"Smoked"

Vinyl reflector overlays

• Side and Rear reflector vinyl overlays (4 piece kit)
OR

• Side and Rear reflector vinyl overlays with 3rd Brake light
  • ** Sedan's Only ** (5 piece kit)

Order now and receive this kit shipped to your door for
$15 (4 piece kit) $19 (5 piece kit)

The "Smoked" overlays are approximately 55% lighter then the Black, There still DARK but you can see the reflector thru them in the Sun Light.

This is a very unique product in that it’s affordable, Looks great and does not damage your OEM or aftermarket reflectors. This product sticks onto your side and rear reflectors without adhesive. Giving you the look of expensive replacement lenses at a fraction of the cost. Two-Three-Four years down the road from now if you decide to sell your 3, you can just peel them off with out any damage.

I was looking for a way to “Smoke” my reflectors. That didn’t require hours of preparation and costly materials, causing my reflectors to become permanently altered. In the event that it wasn’t the look that I wanted and low and behold I ran across this product. Which suited my needs perfectly and I believe it will do the same for you.

Each one of these overlay kits have been hand fabricated, So there may be a small amount of deviation from set to set.

NO LONGER AVAILABLE - THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

When choosing the "Buy it Now" feature, PLEASE include your Mazda3Forums screen name (sent to me via PM ) with your order.

BEFORE

AFTER

This is the very lightest that I could make the smoked look in direct sunlight.

3rd brake light NOW AVAILABLE
Keep in mind that the 2008 3rd is clear where the earlier years are red...

*for Off road use only*

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Mazda3 5-door/Sedan & Speed3 “Smoked” vinyl reflector overlays

How to install your vinyl reflector overlays

Step 1) Your going to need to clean your reflectors with a NON-ammonia based cleaner, I use a spray foam glass cleaner.

Step 2) Clean the reflectors well, this is an important step. As any debris left behind will show thru the vinyl. Make sure you clean & dry the reflector and all along the recessed edge.

Step 3) Take a damp paper towel and place the vinyl overlay between it while gently pulling it thru. This should remove any debris that may be on the vinyl and the residual moisture left behind will help in the adhesion process.

Step 4) Apply the vinyl overlay to the reflector and position properly, Then from the center outward apply lite pressure and "rub" out any air bubbles. Just like applying tint or a sticker ** a small squeegee makes things IDEAL here **

There may be a few air bubbles(or none if your lucky) but if there are some small ones, give it a day or two in the Sun and they should disappear.

If they do not, remove and repeat the process~

#4 ·

[quote author=coondogg link=topic=120585.msg2557599#msg2557599 date=1219362684]
:goodjob:

Exactly what I was looking for!

The surfing mag clippings made me chuckle too...
[/quote]

Perfect! I'm glad there just what you were looking for & Thank's for the Pic's

You liked the clipping's huh

#6 ·

[quote author=coondogg link=topic=120585.msg2593891#msg2593891 date=1220751560]
I got to follow my car today and I was amazed that the smoked 3rd really doesn’t take any light away when the brakes are applied...

[/quote]

can you take some night pics of you smoked ones for me????? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

#14 ·

[quote author=bms1990M3 link=topic=120585.msg2603309#msg2603309 date=1221077484]
I have them on!!!!!

HERE THEY ARE!!
(yes i know my car is a dirty mofo)
[/quote]
put back to black on your bumper (plastic piece). It will keep it looking black, it kind of has a brown shade to it in the picture.

#16 ·
Re: Mazda3 5-door / Sedan & Speed3 “Smoked” vinyl reflector overlays

OoOoOo gotcha. I hate it when i take took pics of my car and one part looked yellow even though when you look at it it would look perfectly fine.

#19 ·

[quote author=Ryder link=topic=120585.msg2635495#msg2635495 date=1222203248]
sweet ordered mine. :)
[/quote]

[quote author=Ryder link=topic=119729.msg2660437#msg2660437 date=1222938485]
got mine super quick shipping even to Canada. :goodjob:
[/quote]

At the mans door in a week's time

Post up some pic's when you get a chance Leo

#20 ·

How much light output is blocked by these (mostly worried about the 3rd tail...) Just need to know if they let through enough light...

Also, that Black Mica 3 has the smoked overlays? Wow, those look like your blackouts!

#21 ·

[quote author=LockOut link=topic=120585.msg2661657#msg2661657 date=1222972016]
How much light output is blocked by these (mostly worried about the 3rd tail...) Just need to know if they let through enough light...

Also, that Black Mica 3 has the smoked overlays? Wow, those look like your blackouts!
[/quote]

the third tail is perfect!!!! no worries. i have actually had cops behind me too and no problems!

i am the black mica, i was using an old camera, so it makes them look darker! but thanks! (it is the smoked!)

#25 ·

Putting in an order tonight for an 08.5 Speed3. I am assuming they are the same as the 3 sport anyways. Looks great. Should look good against CWP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.