FordFusionClub.com banner

Wake up or shut the brand down.

32K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  MMR 
#1 · (Edited)
Yea sorry about the headline, but something needs to be done about the Lincoln brand and the car lineup.

The current lineup is dull and they all look terrible. There's seriously no Lincoln that I would even consider. Brands line Chrysler, Cadillac...even Buick make cars that are better looking, better priced and are actually worth looking into.

Even the website everything is shown grey and white, it is really the most boring automotive website I have ever seen. Show some color or style!

Sorry I have had a bit to drink and may sound harsh, but something needs to be done about Lincoln.Iif you don't care about the cars you make then just stop! ...if you are to do something then do it right or otherwise don't do it at all.

Today I saw a new Lincoln on the street for the first time in a month or so, there's seriously no one who buy new Lincolns', I see new Chryslers, Cadillacs and Buick etc. all the time, so it is not because people aren't buying new cars, there's just no one who buys a new Lincoln.

#3 ·
The new Cadillacs are amazing, GM really pulled themselves together on those. I drove an ATS like a month ago and all I can say is Wow! I was impressed about how good it actually drives and the build quality is no where near what Cadillacs used to be.

My dad has a 2005 escalade, and the build quality of that is terrible, it's interior is awful for a $50k SUV. However I have to admit it is pretty good on reliability though, the only problems he has had with it was a abs and parking sensor that went bad, other that those he hasn't had any problems with it.

#11 ·
I'm impressed with ford myself. For a general car maker their newer cars are looking sharp with good build quality and great features.

I'm actually trying to find a way to offload my Durango for a slightly used 2012 Explorer.. And I love my Durango. Great vehicle and I get lots of looks and tons of compliments when I'm out and about. Funny thing is I just keep it Clem have a aftermarket grille and custom built headlights lol but the new explorers drove amazing and look good to I think

#19 ·
Drunk or not, there is more truth than not. Ford has neglected Lincoln for a VERY long time. It really makes you wonder how sincere they are about the supposed current efforts. The new MKZ was a horribly bungled launch.

I can't even blame their current mess on buying Jaguar. Lincoln was already pretty much in the toilet by then. It didn't help that Ford quit pushing Lincoln even more once they had another luxury brand and seemed to have the attitude that Lincoln would not be allowed to compete. That just made the slippery slope steeper.

Lincoln dealers are hurting. With the shutdown of Mercury, they don't even have a re-branded Ford to help pay the rent.

My local Lincoln dealer gave up the franchise and no one has picked it up. They took on Hyundai and later Subaru, and Lincoln was just in the way of cars that really could sell. This is in an affluent area, where BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, and Infinity do very well.

Ford should be hanging their head in shame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.